Tennessee Legislative Leaders Academy
The Tennessee Legislative Leaders Academy is hosted jointly by the University of Tennessee’s Naifeh Center for Effective Leadership and the Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy. Newly-elected members of the Tennessee General Assembly are invited to join the non-partisan effort for legislators to receive timely professional development and growth. Workshops offered feature nationally renowned speakers who focus on a wide variety of topics such as:
- The transition from campaigning to governing;
- A national perspective on the states and state budgeting;
- Tennessee’s revenue structure and budget;
- Economic development trends; and
- Financing of education and health care.
To cap this experience, former governors and state legislators share their own diverse, personal experiences in a roundtable discussion pertaining to civility and the importance of having positive, working relationships during sessions of the General Assembly.
2021 Tennessee Legislative Leaders Academy
(Click Links Below to Access Program Material)
Additional Contact Information: