Vision: To prepare IPS employees to become leaders for the future and continue the legacy of providing public service to the citizens, businesses and communities of the State of Tennessee.
Goals of the IPS Leadership Academy:
- To provide quality formal and informal training, mentoring, and coaching.
- To expand leadership capacity within the IPS organization.
- To promote sustainability of IPS and the goals of the organization.
- To promote succession planning for IPS.
- To create energy and vision for the future.
- To better understand the culture and structure of the University of Tennessee system.
- Participants must be a permanent, full-time employee with IPS and be committed to staying with IPS at least 5 additional years.
- Participants must be committed to the program and plan to attend every training session. Dates are preset for the entire session so that the employee and their supervisor are able to plan around the training.
- The program requires staying at off-site facilities as some evenings involve “team” projects, discussions, and planning.
- To be selected for the IPS Leadership Academy, the participant must be nominated by his/her supervisor, agency director, or peers or be self-nominated.
- Those nominated go through a review process before being admitted to the Leadership Academy.